Heritage Owners Club

Anybody tried the Axe Fx stuff?

I don't really care for the modeling sounds that just don't really capture the true (or maybe even very good representations of) pedals and amps offered with the gear. However, it makes it so much easier on stage to have an effects unit, especially if you are performing diverse styles of music and don't want to build a massive pedal board and carry (and buy) 5 or more amps.

It's extremely pricy, but I've heard great things about the Axe Fx stuff. I also head good things about the Digitech 1101---and the Pod hd500x. Both of the later are 1/4-1/3 the price of the Axe Fx. Anybody tried any of these?

I have used the Kemper and axe fx.

All this stuff is cool and good. I nearly did buy the Kemper.

The axe fx has better fx and slightly better functionality. The Kemper fills another niche completely.

I think Kuz has the Axe Fx.

I would wait to see what the Line6 Helix is like before I made a purchase,

I never question Billy Gibbons tone live or in studio...

Watching his Rig Rundown videos, he is still using Marshall Valvestate 8008 rackmount amps from the early 90's..

25 year old solid state amp technology used by one of the most respected blues-rock guitarists ever to walk across the stage...

I have had the Axe-Fx Standard since 2009- it is everything they say it is and MORE- never looked back...sold my Marshall, sold my Badcat, sold my little practice amps...(Blackheart, etc...)

I LOVE MY AXE-FX~!@#$%^&*()_1@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()_

Buy a used Model that is a lot less- bc most people upgrade...Standard, Ultra, Axe II, etc... I kept the Standard bc I don't play out and just record at home...I don't need bigger, better faster... get one on eBay fairly cheap-

There is an Axe-Fx Ultra on the MLP Forum...great deal (not mine, nor am i affiliated with the seller)...

• 5 weeks later...

Not my cup of tea, for the most part, but here's a working cat who uses (or used..always hard to know...) the Axe Fx. I threw this up because Dustie's a hometown boy. Tom, at Tom's Guitar Service, with whom I used to work, works on Dustie's guitars, all special signature stuff from PRS. Dustie's as nice and grounded a kid as you'd ever want to meet, as are all of the guys in Between the Buried and Me. And, like the material or not, they can all play their asses off! Dustie's the only musician in the band without conservatory training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbSV_6KGcIs

Archived