Heritage Owners Club

Review of all the BOSS pedals

gpuma

Rather surprising that there aren't any Tube Screamers on this list. I am sure he will get to it but that is arguably the most famous pedal they have.

Isn't the Tube Screamer made by Ibanez?

He did leave out the OD-20 distortion. I don't use mine anymore as I now have rack stuff. But that OD-20 is a killer unit. It models a bunch of different overdrive/distortions and I think it does a really good job.

He did leave out the OD-20 distortion. I don't use mine anymore as I now have rack stuff. But that OD-20 is a killer unit. It models a bunch of different overdrive/distortions and I think it does a really good job.

He is reviewing only the single pedals, not the doubles

Three boss pedals on my board. Im thinking of getting the Boss trem and a comp as well.

Today I was offered a DD20 as a trade for a couple of pedals Im trying to sell.

I nearly went for it until I realised the I already have two dd7s(on the board) and a dd3 just because.

Ive gone full circle with boss stuff. I used to use it but not think about it then went through an anti boss thing and now Im back using it and just liking it with out questioning it too much.

I just sold my GT100. It was a great unit, loved it. Too big. Im thinking of replacing it with a Boss BR800. I quite like boss gear.

I only watched three of the demo's, but I heard no reviews just demo's and not very good ones at that. I've got 8-10 of the pedals listed and now use no Boss pedals at all because I've either found them to be undependable (usually a bad footswitch) or I simply found a better sounding pedal from another maker. Of all the Boss pedals I have the one I like the most is a Keeley modded TR-2 Tremolo because the Keeley mods really improved the pedal a lot, but I just have little use for a Tremolo these days.

I only watched three of the demo's, but I heard no reviews just demo's and not very good ones at that. I've got 8-10 of the pedals listed and now use no Boss pedals at all because I've either found them to be undependable (usually a bad footswitch) or I simply found a better sounding pedal from another maker. Of all the Boss pedals I have the one I like the most is a Keeley modded TR-2 Tremolo because the Keeley mods really improved the pedal a lot, but I just have little use for a Tremolo these days.

Ha! two opposing view points posted almost simultaneously. I love the internet!

Over the last 10yrs of selling boss pedals I dont recall very many coming back with faults for warranty repair or exchange.

I would call the amount an unusually small amount. Like the little Line6 spiders. A rarity to come back with a fault.

Not discounting your experience with them at all though. Just noting its different to mine.

The OD-20 is a great unit. I have one, and am just waiting for motivation to complete a pedalboard. Question is whether I want to put any reverb/delay/etc on the board, or just keep it all overdrives, wahs, etc.

I always have a delay or two on the board. I dont use them a lot. But if I remember to stand on them and for certain things they add something. There are some covers that dont work unless you use delay.

I got fixated on wanting some kind of univibe effect a while ago and at the time it seemed essential. I found one at a hock shop and played through it for a bout a week straight. Havnt turned it on since. It just sits there.

Yeah, I have a wah, and all my amps have reverb, which is one of the only effects I use. I am not really into chorus, flange, etc. I'm pretty much just a rocker, and play some jazz on the side. I do however have a rack-mounted carvin XP4, which actually has a really great sound, and can do pretty much anything : delay, eq, chorus, phaser, flanger, rotary speaker, reverb, you name it.

Archived