Heritage Owners Club

NAD: 1991 Marshall JCM900 100w 1x12 combo (Yes, a small 100w amp)

HANGAR18

25 years old. A Marshall JCM900 two channel Hi Gain Dual Reverb amp model 4101 in a 1x12 combo configuration. By no means did I need another amp but I thought this one would be just nifty, especially since I already had a Marshall 1912 cabinet sitting around doing nothing. This amp fits perfectly on top of the 1912 cabinet which means that I now have a genuine 100 watt Marshall "quarter stack". Ever seen one of those before?

Brand new JCM900's are huge and only fit on top of 4x12 cabinets. (Thanks to that other thread, we all know how popular 4x12 cabinets are. :laughing7: ) I even traded in a horizontal Mesa 2x12 Recto cabinet in order to offset the cost. The Ma&Pa shop where I bought it has a great amp repair shop in it and so this one if fully checked out and refurbished as needed. New tubes too I believe. Small in size, easy to transport, lots of power and nifty because they don't make them like this anymore. Not sure that I'll use it very much but it sure seems nifty.

post-679-0-08861900-1473532787_thumb.jpg

Pressure, you have a streak of creativity going through your core that is a mile wide and runs from coast to coast.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the AC has been out since Thursday. So yesterday, since all the windows were open, I figured that I'd just set the volume on this baby to 9 and let 'er rip. hahaha Jeez this thing gets pretty loud. Not bad. hahaha

OMFG... I discovered that I didn't familiarize myself with the amp enough prior to plugging it in and cranking it up. I returned to the store to ask the owner some questions regarding the back of the amp. Apparently the High/Low switch on the back is what I would call a 100 watt/ 50 watt selector switch. I had it set to low, ie 50 watts. THEN, it seems that when I plugged in the second 8 ohm cabinet I was supposed to switch the impedance switch to the 4 ohm position. Flipped the two switches, cranked it up again and DEAR GOD!!! That thing is LOUD!! and I only got it to about 7.5 or 8 on the volume knob. Ears ringing... pain & suffering and so on. Glad I got that out of my system... not doing that again.

You cranked that to 8? I said ..... YOU CRANKED THAT TO EIGHT? Good thing your windows were open.

A drummer buddy bought a 4101 a few years back. He'd always loved the sound of my 4102. AND .. I got to use it Saturday evening. Man, I love that amp. The one I wish I hadn't sold.

You cranked that to 8? I said ..... YOU CRANKED THAT TO EIGHT? Good thing your windows were open.

A drummer buddy bought a 4101 a few years back. He'd always loved the sound of my 4102. AND .. I got to use it Saturday evening. Man, I love that amp. The one I wish I hadn't sold.

I've never had an amp rattle my teeth and skull across the living room like that before. hahaha

when I was 17 I had a 100 watt Marshall Plexiglass head, I plugged in it and turned it up ALL THE WAY!! Not knowing my dad had come home..... !! you can guess the rest!

nice little stack, a friend of mine had one and it really did the job very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived