Heritage Owners Club

H157 is back !! Finally !!

2 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Awesome!  Great move, Heritage!  (Just keep em under 10lbs)

CC models so they're saying lightweight. It'll be interesting to see what the weights actually are as they get into customers hands!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Awesome!  Great move, Heritage!  (Just keep em under 10lbs)

3 minutes ago, golferwave said:

CC models so they're saying lightweight. It'll be interesting to see what the weights actually are as they get into customers hands!

There’s one at Sweetwater. I believe it was 8lbs. 14oz.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H157CCDCSB--heritage-custom-shop-core-collection-h-157-electric-guitar-dark-cherry-sunburst

Will be nice when they start hitting the used market.

Edited by davesultra
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, davesultra said:

Nice!  I see the black beauty edition is all mahogany, no maple top. The black one also looks to have nickel hardware instead of gold.

15 minutes ago, golferwave said:

Nice!  I see the black beauty edition is all mahogany, no maple top. The black one also looks to have nickel hardware instead of gold.

Nope, gold hardware on the black beauty as well. Super cool addition to the CC line!

2 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

That's a good sign that Heritage realizes that some people LIKE the Custom styling over the standard line.

I’m sure the fact that the H157 is a fair amount cheaper than a Gibbons LPC isn’t going to hurt either!

22 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

Heritage 157 weighing only 8lbs 14oz is great news! 

The Black Beauty version is very tempting. 

22 hours ago, bolero said:

Yeah the all mahogany one is nice!

And good to see the lower weights, too

Glad the H157 is back on the menu

I just looked at Wildwood's selection of  LP Customs and they are all 9.75 to 10+ lbs.   Choice of black or Pelham blue.    Gibson also shows white, but no  burst colors.

I guess the guys at Heritage should make a point to produce those whom they prefer a heavier side of their guitars... especially with LP type i personally fall for weight between 4kg to 4.5 or 4.6kg.... 

I'd say that if I had to pick a neck carve it would be a medium C.  I like thinner ones as well.  But a long time ago I didn't know anything about neck carves.  I came into a late 1920s L-5 with a pickguard-attached McCarty pickup.  I had no idea it was collectible.  That neck was big and it was distinctly different than the Gibson slim carves I was used to.  But the L-5 was then my only guitar.  Within a month it felt normal.

Now I have an assortment of guitars.  I pulled out a Thornton that was specified when made to be a 1958 carve.  It is fatter than any Heritage I recall handling and is like my old L-5.  After a couple of hours it was comfortable.  But then I'm not a virtuoso.

I know that many artists are very particular.  Some are not though.

Here are some pics.  This is about 7.5 lbs, some of that being the fat neck.  But the weight is not an issue.  I hope you can appreciate how round the neck is from these pics.

I would never claim a fat neck makes the guitar sound better.  The guy who had this guitar made had two models with the same neck.  I don't know why he was that specific.

36813225924_e1bed87f27_c.jpg

36813225994_3283b1b9f0_c.jpg

37491974312_a4965b0a10_c.jpg

36813226834_df329d4b0d_c.jpg

37475166176_62cf6c3fef_c.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2024 at 10:16 AM, HANGAR18 said:

What are they making the finger rest out of?

It looks like it is something multi-ply but I can't tell if it is plastic or wood.

Looks plastic just like what gibson offers.... i actually prefer the old H157 with the somewhat flame transblack pickguard...