Heritage Owners Club

Finally gotten the Faber ABRN set...!!

Howdy peeps !! Finally gotten the abrn locking bridge set and tailpiece by Faber !! 

It just look more of an LP accurate ! 

But one thing is the installation isnt as smooth as what it thought so for me .... after my first installation i found the bridge locking stud on one side being unable to fit in and screw in as the pole piece was too far off centered... tried hammering to sort of bend the post slightly and Ops... the upper threaded portion of the post broken off.... did a tap in screw thread and took off that stucked post well.... 

Contacted Faber and he was kind enough to send me a set of new stud.... and just gotten it fixed its looking great now..... Larry Corsa is a kind guy to deal with as his business ethics is worth enough mentioning... !! 

Anyway just after i gotten the Faber ABRN bridge i just caught a crazier boutique bridge call 4 uncles restorations..... does anybody know if they offer ABRN replacement ? The Nashville instead of the ABR-1 ? 

Every Heritage that comes into my aresnal gets the full Faber treatment:  Bridge and studs, tailpiece and studs.   I do not use the locking parts.  The non-locking parts sounds better to ME.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a324eca736ea3030d636ac9dc6309ad6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, lwilliams said:

Every Heritage that comes into my aresnal gets the full Faber treatment:  Bridge and studs, tailpiece and studs.   I do not use the locking parts.  The non-locking parts sounds better to ME.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a324eca736ea3030d636ac9dc6309ad6.jpeg

Nice semi hollow there... but would still like to seek some of the advise off from Faber bridge users out there... 

Cause Heritage uses the tailpiece stud well with thread size SAE 5/16-24 but Faber tailpiece screw post adopt M8 x 1.25 non SAE thread.... did some reading if am not wrong these size can fit but it be kinda loose .... 

Do you guys also swap out the tailpiece stud well to Faber matching type or just retain the stock Heritage SAE 5/16-24 stud well?

• Like 1

You just need the right set of Faber hardware. The matrix of parts on their website is a bit overwhelming, but some careful measuring will get you the right set of hardware you need to make it work. 

I have a 1998 H150, which came from the Heritage factory with SD59's and a tune-o-matic stop tailpiece and nashville bridge.  Heritage used the Gibson spec tail on mine, with a slightly wider spacing, such that a Gotoh aluminum tail piece wouldn't fit (82mm, a millimeter too narrow spacing between the studs) but a Faber one fit perfectly (83mm).  I even screwed up the first time and bought the wrong set of studs. Easy exchange for the correct set and good to go. 

Weirdly enough, I have a 2001 H535 which came with the Schaller roller bridge and top-loader tail piece. The Gotoh tailpiece slipped right on that, and a Gibson Nashville bridge swaps on perfectly. 

• Like 3