Heritage Owners Club

Teye Fox, Marshall Clone, Origin FX Revival Drive, Red Witch Glassio Fuzz

Just re-did my pedal board with a Origin Effects Revival Drive and a Red Witch Glassio Fuzz and then wrote and recorded this song as a demo. Just got the Teye Fox a few months ago and loving the low gain pickups (SD Jazz in both positions). Also completely re-tubed my Marshall with TAD Red Base tubes!

Marshall JCM800/2204 Style two closed back 1X12 cabinets with Celestion Cream Alnico speakers. I love this combo for straight up rock, reminds me of AC/DC..

Rhythm guitars through the Revival Drive silver channel
Lead guitar solo through the Revival Drive orange channel and Glassio Fuzz
All guitars through Boss RE20 Space Echo pedal

Pedalboard.jpg.0b6287d97d17df211c4697917f7efb36.jpg

Edited by rockabilly69
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, bolero said:

Yeah I can hear that with some pounding drums behind it & a bassline kicking it into overdrive.

RE20 is in reverb mode?

Great sounds!

Yes the RE20 is in the Reverb/Delay mode. The reverb in it just seemed to work for this song, but typically I use the Dr Scientist "Reverberator" for most of my reverbs. When my band took off I was mostly using the Boogies, a DC2 in Rehearsal, and my Fillmore 50 live, with very few pedals. But since I got the second cabinet for the Marshall I've been falling in love with it. And it requires me to have a pedal board. It sounds especially good with the Original Effects Revival Drive Custom. The "Custom" has special voicing controls that make it work with any good amp. And it wasn't until I really learned how to use those controls. that I got a great overdrive sound for the Marshall. It doesn't sound like a pedal, it just sounds like my amp getting progressively dirtier and slighter louder with each channel. And then the Red Witch Fuzz just takes it over the top for the leads. I am getting the best rock sounds I've ever gotten, and that's saying a lot. And I'm getting them with the least amount of dancing on the pedals.

As for the song, I'm excited to hear this with my band, but unfortunately I can't rehearse for a few weeks because I two skin cancers that needed surgery (face and arm), and I need the stitches to heal before I can rehearse! On the plus side they got all of the cancer:)

Edited by rockabilly69
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

That sucks about needing the surgery, but good news that they got all the cancer.    

Thanks, and yeah I dodged a bullet there :)