Heritage Owners Club

Double New Amp Day

Or, should that be New Amp Doubleday?  It's been so long since I posted anything here I've forgotten much of the protocol. The amps are a Henriksen Blu 10 and a Swart Atomic Jr.  One sounds really nice for an arch top, say a 575 and the other is a fun little gadget for say a 535.  Probably you can imagine which is which.

IMG_0334.jpeg

Edited by Vanschoyck
change photo
  • Like 2

Congrats on your new toys! Both great amps! A few years back my close friend Troy brought his Swart STR over to my studio with his custom shop  Gibson ES-330 (an absolute monster of a guitar) and I was knocked out by the tone he got out of that combo!

17 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Congrats on your new toys!

Thanks.  I'd like to hear what you'd sound like through the Swart.  I'm having to adjust to the 8" speaker.  I had the STR Tremolo for a while and sold it, and I found myself wanting to try the little guy.  This one actually holds together in the bass better.  (Or should that be better in the bass?)

6 hours ago, Vanschoyck said:

Thanks.  I'd like to hear what you'd sound like through the Swart.  I'm having to adjust to the 8" speaker.  I had the STR Tremolo for a while and sold it, and I found myself wanting to try the little guy.  This one actually holds together in the bass better.  (Or should that be better in the bass?)

Well if sounds better than the STR in the bass even better yet!!! I bet it records great. The guy makes some good sounding amps.

Lately, since I've been playing with my rock and roll band, I've been playing bigger 50 watt amps and actually having the time of my life :)

Wow, two great amp choices, congratulations.  I have a Swart AST, which I love.  I have always wanted to try out a Henriksen.  Does the Swart sound brighter than the Henriksen?  Being solid state and geared for jazz, does the Henriksen sound a little muddy?

8 hours ago, kennyv4 said:

Being solid state and geared for jazz, does the Henriksen sound a little muddy?

I know what you mean, but when I play an arch top through it it's all there, very easy to get a good sound for any of the arch tops I happen to have.  Having a 5 band eq I would think you could dial in what ever you want for any guitar - except any kind of break up, that's not gonna happen.

• Like 1