Heritage Owners Club

Incoming Millie

MartyGrass

I really like the look of the Millie and the build concept.  My favorite in appearance is the Eagle 2000.  The easiest to get high access on is the DC.  I don't think they sound different in general, but individual instruments may well vary.

In route is a DC.  It's blue.  There are a few notable features.  The hardware is chrome, probably because the finish is blue.  The neck is maple.  It's a 2004.  It came with HRWs, but the seller swapped out for Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge and APH-1n Alnico II Pro in the neck.  I found HRWs in my previous Millies and solidbodies to be too harsh and shrill.  They work well in hollowbodies.

The seller was kind enough to include the strap components of the straplocks, a new set of strings, and the HRWs.  He's a real gent.

I'm tempted to change out the bridge and tailpiece.  I'll hunt to see if I have the parts already.  That's not essential for me.

I've had experience with Heritage's blue guitars.  They go greenish over the years with yellowing of the lacquer.  This one's 20 years old and looks deep blue still.  

2024-09-02_16-47-12.jpg

2024-09-02_16-47-41.jpg

2024-09-02_16-48-39.jpg

2024-09-02_16-49-11.jpg

• Like 3

Whoa Mark! That is beautiful! Was it a local find?

This arrived unscathed.  The neck is what I'd call a medium carve.  The guitar balances well.  It sounds good and plays well.  No complaints.

I've got a set of HRWs that are extra to put into something.