Heritage Owners Club

If you could get just one guitar back.

Over time there have been a few wonderful Heritage instruments that have gotten away that I wish I still had. I'm sure many of you have experienced the same feeling. I'd love to hear about your old flames. Pics please.

• Like 1

There are so many that I would love to have back. This one comes to mind first every time I hear this question.

Custom ordered H-530/555 with a very custom finish.

Ren is playing it in this video right before I got it.

image.thumb.png.6095203209b27a441ad33ea80277cda4.png

• Like 2

I've got one of two different guitars back.

First being my H140, got that one back; currently on loan to someone rather deserving of it that couldn't otherwise afford a Heritage.

Second is my 1976 Stratocaster I put up for sale and went back the next day to get it back, it was sold apparently 20 minutes after I dropped it off.

IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1378.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

Edited by DetroitBlues

I don't sell guitars.   I buy guitars I want and keep them.    So this is easy to answer - my 60s Jaguar!    It was the last guitar I sold.   I bought it for $200 used around 1969, and I sold it for $225 to buy a motorcycle in 1975.  

It wasn't the greatest guitar in the world, but I used that a lot when our band was very active.  

I've looked at some Jaguars, but the closest I can find is a Vintera 60s Jag.   All the new Fenders are Kurt Cobains,  Johnny Marrs,  Players and the Vintera 70s which has the block markers.   

Alas,  I can't find any pictures of it, but I remember it fondly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There's a few I'd want.

1. My 1968 ES-345 for sentimental reasons

2. Gibson SG custom in walnut (sentimental) (maybe)

3. 1968 Epiphone Howard Roberts

4. 2002 Chestnut or OSB Millenium Eagle 2000

my 1969 Fender Telecaster (blonde with maple neck)- purchased in a pawn shop in Clinton, SC on 2/7/77 for $ 120.00

traded for a 1965 Gibson Melody Maker (which I sold when I need money to get back to Germany in 1984).

my 1975 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe (Tobacco Sunburst)- purchased from an employee (his private guitar)  at Pecknell Music in Greenville, SC on 4/22/78 for $450.00  

sold to a friend at Ft. Riley, Kansas in 1985.  Eventually, this one popped up on eBay in 2010 and I almost bought it back.

my 1985 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)- traded a 1987 Kramer Beretta (Black) w/ Floyd Rose for it in an even trade. (This is the one I miss the most)- 1988.

sold in law school, as I was in need of money for my family. (Practically gave it away at $ 375.00) in 1992.

Edited by mtpatty
add comments

68 Les Paul Gold Top.

My 2006 H150 Goldtop plays and sounds kind of better but does not have the prestige (wanted Humbuckers in 68) but they were only on their custom at that time

Had a 60s Tele

Had a 60s Epi Texan

Had a 61 Strat

Had  66 Ric 12 string 360

also a 12 string 450

56’ LP Junior that I got from Brent about 11-12 years ago. Only because I could have sold it for 3 times the price now!

Edited by davesultra

My 1965 ES-335.  It played and sounded amazing in wonderful condition.  I made a lot of money off the sale but it is one guitar I would love to have it back... at the original cost I paid for it (paid $1900) (sold it 8yrs later for $10,000).  But once the money from the sale is gone, you can never really get the guitar back.

• Like 1

No regrets, really.

I do regret NOT buying a black '57 strat that was laying on the floor in an open case, when I walked into a music store one time. I ordered a new one instead, lol

13 hours ago, skydog52 said:

There are so many that I would love to have back. This one comes to mind first every time I hear this question.

Custom ordered H-530/555 with a very custom finish.

Ren is playing it in this video right before I got it.

image.thumb.png.6095203209b27a441ad33ea80277cda4.png

That finish is superb. 

So...we're opening these wounds again:  My first Heritage, a blonde H-576; a mint double-cut, cherry '59 Les Paul Junior ($75 at a yard sale); '52 Les Paul Gold Top; early '70's Guild F-50R; Gibson Custom Shop Robbie Krieger Les Paul Custom (What a player!  What tone!); '67 sunburst, double-bound Fender Tele.

Edited by yoslate
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2024 at 9:26 AM, DetroitBlues said:

I've got one of two different guitars back.

First being my H140, got that one back; currently on loan to someone rather deserving of it that couldn't otherwise afford a Heritage.

Second is my 1976 Stratocaster I put up for sale and went back the next day to get it back, it was sold apparently 20 minutes after I dropped it off.

IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1378.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

That 140 is a beauty!  Good on you for helping those who are less fortunate!  

I've had few really good guitars that I sent down the road for one reason or another, but I kept all the guitars that I love! I traded a 1962 Brown Fender Super amp that I wished I had back though. It needed some work at the time and I really didn't know anybody that could work on it! Since then I've friended some great amp guys!

Edited by rockabilly69
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2024 at 5:17 PM, bolero said:

No regrets, really.

I do regret NOT buying a black '57 strat that was laying on the floor in an open case, when I walked into a music store one time. I ordered a new one instead, lol

Ouch!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

One of the few guitars that I regret selling was a very limited run Ibanez AR3000 reissue.  Man, what a wonderful guitar! 

ibanezar3000hsc.jpg

I've never owned one of those but I've always liked them! That's a great looking one!

• Like 1

How can you guys sell guitars that you love? It would be like selling a kid and then years later realizing that you miss them.

"Why did I sell little Jimi? Now that I think about it, he was a pretty nice kid.....wish I hadn't....."

To paraphrase one of the Freak Brothers "A guitar will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guitars."

I have never sold a guitar that I loved. Maybe that is why I have so many of them.

I did have one of those old Stella guitars with cowboys painted on it. My brother and I stripped it as it did not look cool at the time. He still has it au natural. I wished we hadn't stripped it. Does that count?

58 minutes ago, rwinking said:

How can you guys sell guitars that you love? It would be like selling a kid and then years later realizing that you miss them.

"Why did I sell little Jimi? Now that I think about it, he was a pretty nice kid.....wish I hadn't....."

It was 1975.  I wanted that orange Kawasaki.   I had a old Fender Jag (like 10 years old!), and a new Guild S100.   WHO needs two guitars?   I can only play one at a time, and I like the Guild's sound better. 

As Tina Turner sang   "what's love got to do with it?"