Heritage Owners Club

If you could get just one guitar back.

On 10/5/2024 at 1:09 PM, Gitfiddler said:

One of the few guitars that I regret selling was a very limited run Ibanez AR3000 reissue.  Man, what a wonderful guitar! 

ibanezar3000hsc.jpg

Holy cow! Thats a real beauty.  The Ibanez necks and fret work on those high end model are something special. I love the deep dish carve.

• Like 1

I took a photo in 2010, the day after I received my Marvbird, at a railroad museum across the road where Marv grew up.  This guitar is really a collector's piece.  I was afraid to play it.  It totally ate my guts up to let other people play it.  One wrong move or act of dumbassery and this guitar would have  been rendered useless.  I have never had a regretful thought about selling it.  I also can't stand to let people play my 535 because it has a Bigsby on it.  People tend to try and wear out the Bigsby instead of appreciating the guitar. 

chase.jpg

dscf5368_std.jpg

• Like 5

I may have the SN recorded. If I can find it I’ll let you know. As I recall it had Sperzel tuners, Lollar pickups, a pigtail bridge, and a pickguard from a HOC member. I put a shim under the bridge P90 too. 

On 10/7/2024 at 7:47 AM, Dick Seacup said:

Once upon a time there was an H-170 with Bigsby that became affectionally known as "The Tone Sucker." Regret followed not long after. 

No kiddin'!  At least you have company.  Man, I loved that thing!!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2024 at 1:09 PM, Gitfiddler said:

One of the few guitars that I regret selling was a very limited run Ibanez AR3000 reissue.  Man, what a wonderful guitar! 

ibanezar3000hsc.jpg

Holy cow! Thats a real beauty.  The Ibanez necks and fret work on those high end model are something special. I love the deep dish carve.

• Like 1

Heritage wise I've sold a few that I regret, but I truly feel blessed by all of the wonderful instruments that I've owned. 

There was an early H357 that satisfied my Johnny Winter fascination that I sold. I think it went to a guy that I found out later owned several.

Heritage made me a remarkably gorgeous custom Sweet 16 with a 3 3/8" deep body, highly quilted back and sides, hrw pickup, and burnt amber back and sides with antique natural top. Oh yeah..it was X braced with routed neck pickup.  It was something they did to make up for a terrible experience with the dealer Ed Roman. I loved it, but needed money for my guitar building/wood buying ventures. I tried to hunt it down through old eBay messages and emails, but the guy I sold it to had also sold it, and offered no information.

Then there was the most beautiful H555 ever. I bought it from Wolfe. It had intensely figured woods throughout with natural finish. One piece neck and hrw pickups. I couldn't get a bad sound from it. Again, sacrificed for the cause.

There are more, but the one I'd like to have back the most is a 1996 Golden Eagle I ordered new from bay state vintage guitars. It had upgraded woods with OSB finish, and an added tone knob. The neck was really cool. It was deeper than most, with a small heel and a soft D shape. I played the heck out of that guitar wearing the finish off of the back of the neck and a bit off of the pickguard. Again, a sacrifice for the cause. It was number 545.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

That pickguard design is great and really works with that guitar!

A guy on the forum who called himself Cryoman was making those for forum members for a time.  And yeah, a good look for those.

29 minutes ago, bolero said:

Came across an old pic, some gtrs I've sold & some I still have. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss a few. Should have kept the Hiwatt 50w stack & the AC30 too.

bunch.thumb.jpg.3a905294ff8bf02c91e7c0c05b48feb1.jpg

Chris,

You are one sick person.  I know because I suffer from the same disease

• Like 1

On 10/7/2024 at 7:47 AM, Dick Seacup said:

Once upon a time there was an H-170 with Bigsby that became affectionally known as "The Tone Sucker." Regret followed not long after. 

I recall that well.

The Bigsby factory once was next door to Gibson.  The Bigsby among us was considered an upgrade.  I don't think tone had a thing to do with that attitude.  Also, doing three sets with a 12 lb. instrument was not a concern at all decades ago.

This is a side issue.  My guess is that having a Bigsby on a solid body didn't affect tone much, if at all.  It may be a different story on a Golden Eagle.