Heritage Owners Club

A-Code H140

jroot22

Hello all, it’s been awhile since I last posted. (I believe 2021 according to my archived post) in the time since I posted this H140 the owner (my stepmother) has voiced that she is interested in the idea of selling this guitar. It was left to her when Maudie Moore passed, whom many of you are familiar with. I figured no better place than this forum to figure out what it may be worth and to try and find it a home where it will be appreciated. Based on the previous thread it sounds like because it is an A code serial number it predates “normal” production. I believe it has signatures under the rear cover of the original founders of heritage. I am not the one selling this guitar I am just looking for information and potential value that I can relay back to the owner as she is not very tech savvy. 

Any information or opinions are appreciated!

IMG_5238.jpeg

IMG_5237.png

IMG_5236.png

That is a rare, preproduction model being an A Serial number (1984)

The unique inlays are another of Maudie Moore's wonderful work.

For collectability, it could fetch a wonderful price, but Heritages are not known for collectors instruments.

The guitar's condition looks rather beautiful except it appears to have been modified.

The Grover tuners back then were aluminum, not chrome.

The original bridge and tailpieces were made by Schaller and were the roller bridge with quick release tailpiece.  This appears to have been updated with a Nashville style.    

Being a prototype, it could be original, but that is one of the first things that come to mind.

My unqualified experience would price it between $1500 and $2000+.

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

That is a rare, preproduction model being an A Serial number (1984)

The unique inlays are another of Maudie Moore's wonderful work.

For collectability, it could fetch a wonderful price, but Heritages are not known for collectors instruments.

The guitar's condition looks rather beautiful except it appears to have been modified.

The Grover tuners back then were aluminum, not chrome.

The original bridge and tailpieces were made by Schaller and were the roller bridge with quick release tailpiece.  This appears to have been updated with a Nashville style.    

Being a prototype, it could be original, but that is one of the first things that come to mind.

My unqualified experience would price it between $1500 and $2000+.

Thanks for the info. I believe Maudies son had it and played it for awhile so it is possible that he made some of the changes you mentioned.

I will pass the information on to my stepmother.

Thanks!