Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Patriot vs. 59 Bassman LTD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Both would be great. Buy the Patriot if possible and then sell which one appeals to you most. Although you may wind up keeping both when they both are good in different ways.

Patriots are pretty rare, if a replacement Bassman is easily available and you do trade, you could always sell the Patriot here and get another Bassman. How much does a Bassman cost?

I agree, keep the Bassman.  You're going to miss that 4x10 sound more than anything else, as you can get close to the bassman sound with the patriot.  I can't imagine going from that to a single speaker. 

+1 on that..I have friend who is a Fender amp fanatic, but the only amp he refuses to part with is his '59 Bassman RI..

Both would be great. Buy the Patriot if possible and then sell which one appeals to you most. Although you may wind up keeping both when they both are good in different ways.

Patriots are pretty rare, if a replacement Bassman is easily available and you do trade, you could always sell the Patriot here and get another Bassman. How much does a Bassman cost?

I'm with the HFan. I swapped my LTD in a deal for a Vibro King. I'm Still loving the King (thanks to KBP810). I wasn't without the LTD for a month before I was "shopping".

Bottom line, never get rid of a viable, working amp you enjoy 'till after you have settled in with its replacement. Shall we call it "the girlfriend rule..."?

Guest HRB853370

I'm here to second 'fiddler!  My experience is if you "LOVE" something, you'll regret getting rid of it.  Yes, you will!

But alas, LOVE IS BLIND!

Bottom line, never get rid of a viable, working amp you enjoy 'till after you have settled in with its replacement. Shall we call it "the girlfriend rule..."?

Haaahahaha :laughing4:

personally, i prefer the Patriot. a rare bird and a 1x12 is even rarer. but a very different sound than 4x10, esp. 4x10 AlNiCos. so, what i would do is have :icon_compress:both ...

Archived