Heritage Owners Club

How did I miss the 550?

barrymclark

That is just an amazing looking guitar. I am saving up for another Heritage... and I was looking for a hollowbody BUT... all the ones I saw would have taken some revisioning to have it look the way I'd like (while I am sure I would have been very happy with the sound regardless). The 550 is almost dead on down to the chrome hardware. I mean... I have seen it before but I guess it just never clicked with me that this is what I was looking for. Anyone have any ideas what these puppies go for retail? I know it isn't cheap... so... you aren't gonna shock me.

barry,

I'm kinda sure one of the guys working at Wallace Reed's (in Ga) has one. They stock some Heritage guitars on display for Jay Wolfe. High Flying Bird has been gassing for one of them 550's so he might be able to give to give a price check.

I would have to go for one that is used. I got a quote on one 2 years ago and they wanted $2600.00 for it. I called the same dealer last week and they wanted $2900.00 for the same guitar. I guess in these tough economic times Heritage guitars have managed to go up in price. :D

Barry, I know you are a Gretsch lover. It looks to me like you could install a Bigsby in one of these without too much trouble. You can get a set of TV Jones to drop in there too. Elderly's has a nice one in Cherry. The pictures are a little fuzzy and they make the chrome look tarnished but I suspect that is just the photography. The Cherry finish is kind of bright but that may be the lighting as well.

Whoa, they have 2 in stock.

Elderlys

I would have to go for one that is used. I got a quote on one 2 years ago and they wanted $2600.00 for it. I called the same dealer last week and they wanted $2900.00 for the same guitar. I guess in these tough economic times Heritage guitars have managed to go up in price. ^_^

Barry, I know you are a Gretsch lover. It looks to me like you could install a Bigsby in one of these without too much trouble. You can get a set of TV Jones to drop in there too. Elderly's has a nice one in Cherry. The pictures are a little fuzzy and they make the chrome look tarnished but I suspect that is just the photography. The Cherry finish is kind of bright but that may be the lighting as well.

Whoa, they have 2 in stock.

Elderlys

True. I do like Gretsches.

If money wasn't an issue.... I'd like to see the 550 as a double cutaway with only a pickup selector switch (positioned like the old Nashville's selectors) and master volume only (again, like the old Nashville). No other controls. If it would work, and I have no experience with these, I would like to see a 5 position rotary switch controlling the 3 pickups:

1. Bridge

2. Bridge + Middle

3. Bridge + Neck

4. Middle + Neck

5. Neck

Bigsby with roller bridge and graphite nut... of course. ;)

That one at Elderly's with the Bigsby... it is jacked.

Oh man! I just looked at the bottom of the guitar. There is no excuse for that. It looks like something Neil Young would do.

I love mine, although it needs the pickups swapped out to really make the most of the tone potential. It has the dark sounding Schallers now. I'm thinking Lollar Low Wind Imperials.

Archived