Heritage Owners Club

I can't pick my favorite guitar, but I definately have a favorite amp

Kuz

Here are the amps I own (Listed from highest wattage down to lowest)

1. Bogner Shiva EL-34 head Reverb - (think Marshall JMC 800) 80 watts (sounds more like 50 watts)

2. Chicago Blues Box "Road House" Reverb/Trem 6L6s (think Fender Super) -40watts

3. '67 Blackface Vibrolux Reverb/trem 6L6s ( 2x10") 35 watts

4. Chicago Blues Box "Kingston"Reverb 6L6s (think tweedish with some blackface headroom)- 30 watts

5. Carr Rambler Reverb/Trem (think Blackface Deluxe) 6L6s- 28watts

6. '64 Gibson Falcon reverb/trem (think Tweed deluxe) 18watts

7. Headstrong Lil' King Reverb 6V6s (Think Princeton reverb) 14watts

8. '57 Tweed Deluxe RI 6V6s (with an original Alnico Jensen from 1958) 12watts

Anyone care to guess which one is just that much better than these all incredible sounding amps?

Here are the amps I own (Listed from highest wattage down to lowest)

1. Bogner Shiva EL-34 head Reverb - (think Marshall JMC 800) 80 watts (sounds more like 50 watts)

2. Chicago Blues Box "Road House" Reverb/Trem 6L6s (think Fender Super) -40watts

4. Chicago Blues Box "Kingston"Reverb 6L6s (think tweedish with some blackface headroom)- 30 watts

5. Carr Rambler Reverb/Trem (think Blackface Deluxe) 6L6s- 28watts

6. '64 Gibson Falcon reverb/trem (think Tweed deluxe) 18watts

7. Headstrong Lil' King Reverb 6V6s (Think Princeton reverb) 14watts

8. '57 Tweed Deluxe RI 6V6s (with an original Alnico Jensen from 1958) 12watts

Anyone care to guess which one is just that much better than these all incredible sounding amps?

What no Triple Rectum Frier love ? !!! :unsure:

I'd have to go with number 5, the Carr Rambler.

Rambler is incredible, but if I had to keep only one....

Think Gregor Hilden and his great tone....

Rambler is incredible, but if I had to keep only one....

Think Gregor Hilden and his great tone....

Gotta admit I'd never heard him before. Lordy, he does have some nice vintage Kalamazoo instruments. Lots of Knopfler-esque vibe going on there when you open up his myspace page. So, if you had any Kitty Hawk amps I'd guess those. :unsure: But since only your Vibrolux seems to fit his gear page, I'm going to guess .... Bogner .... uh I mean the Vibrolux.

Or the Carr.

Or the ........

Just listened to some samplers, of the Carr Rambler with both a L P and Strat running through it..unbelievable Rich Clean Tone!! Especially with the Gibbon..But, a Vibrolux? Can I get back to ya?

Geez, you're asking US which of these badass amps is YOUR personal favorite?!

OK, I'll be your huckleberry. :unsure:

#4 ("Chicago Blues Box "Kingston"Reverb 6L6s (think tweedish with some blackface headroom)- 30 watts")

It's got 6L6 power, just enough headroom to work a small room, but still early enough break-up to make it sweat; plus it has tones that Fender tweeds and blackfaces can only claim to have.

Personally, I wouldn't kick any of your amps out of bed.

I've just the contrapositive perspective. I have twice the number of amps as guitars. While there are roughly 4 go-to guitars, my choice of amp varies. I find guitars relatively static in sound while playing "spin the dials" on an amp can take one to far off places.

Take a couple amps with opposing qualities and pair them with an A/B box and watch the hours burn away!

I've just the contrapositive perspective. I have twice the number of amps as guitars. While there are roughly 4 go-to guitars, my choice of amp varies. I find guitars relatively static in sound while playing "spin the dials" on an amp can take one to far off places.

Take a couple amps with opposing qualities and pair them with an A/B box and watch the hours burn away!

Yeah Buddy!! Time warp!!

Today anyway. Nice collection. Hard to pick not having experienced most of those amps.

Im down to two amps as of today.

Just a Lone Star and Fender Concert left.

Pro Reverb and JTM45 gone.

Some guitars gone as well.

Feeling weird and good. Lot more space around me. Less to tinker with.....

I want them back.

Winner is.....

ALL OF THEM!

BUT THE BEST IN SHOW GOES TO........ '67 Vibrolux Reverb!

Oh the chime and blackface shimmer. All my amps have their place and tone, but nothing quite gets to the Vibrolux (I'm sure being 42 years old has something to do with the tone too. Who know if any of my amps will sound as good as the Vibrolux in 40 yrs).

Funny thing is Vintage guitars are cool and all, but I just view them as old, beat up, primitive, and mostly unplayable. BUT a functioning/working vintage amp and I'm weak in the knees.

Funny.... I was immobilized all day with my annual chronic back thing, either stretched out on the floor, or on the sofa with the heating pad. Watched some dvd's. I'd forgotten how hilarious, how deadpan This Is Spinal Tap is. Also stumbled on a dvd of one of the bands I play with. Outdoor gig, last summer, at night. Had never watched it. Weird lighting made it like film noir. But the band sounded pretty good, and I was amazed at the tone I had that night! Just a Tele and the Vibrolux. A little Fulltone for soloing. That's a great amp!

Archived