Heritage Owners Club

Pickup swap

barrymclark

I tried hard to leave the 140 stock. I just didn't fall in love with the pickups. In my ears, they are ok at some things, but not others.

I have always used EMG's but I had always written them off as a 'metal' pickup and was never a fan of the clean sound of the 81 or 85. Just WAY, WAY too harsh for me. Painfully clean.

Well, I went to shop after hearing about the EMG 60. There is a guitar by LTD EC1000FM that has the 81 and 60 set up. Plugged it into a VOX AC30 as I wanted to hear it clean through a familiar amp. I rolled off the tone about halfway and I was in love.

The Heritage H140 triple humbucker will get a chrome 81 in the bridge and two chrome 60's in the middle and neck positions.

By the way, bang for buck, that ESP LTD model I mentioned before is INCREDIBLE! For the price, the components used are top notch.

EMG's have always been just off of my radar really. But I've some great sounds from them, it's cool that you found ones that you like. The 140 triple pick-up sounds like an awesome guitar...

I have to say that I leave the 140CM, that I recently bought, out on a stand because it's just a great guitar to pick-up and play at any time. I love the weight , the sound , the look... there's just a lot to like about them. Mine has a Dimarzio PAF/ Super D combo in it , and it's a nice bunch of tones available.

Good luck with the EMG's and let us know what tones are in them.... I'm sure a 140 will respond well to them.

Archived