Heritage Owners Club

How I may wire up the 140

barrymclark

With the three humbuckers, I am thinking I will have the middle position with all three pickups on. There will be three volumes and one master tone.

From there, I can turn off any one of them independently. Have only the middle. Only neck and middle. Only bridge and neck. Only bridge and middle. Or turn them all off which seems to please most when I play. :(

With the three humbuckers, I am thinking I will have the middle position with all three pickups on. There will be three volumes and one master tone.

From there, I can turn off any one of them independently. Have only the middle. Only neck and middle. Only bridge and neck. Only bridge and middle. Or turn them all off which seems to please most when I play. ;)

It's funny..Same deal with me. When i turn the volume down, they clap like crazy!

I never had a 3 humbucker guitar, but I heard another version of what your saying.

You wire it up the switch like a normal LesPaul type configuration. Then you have the middle pickup always on and you just turn up its volume knob when you like.

I think this would be good with one of those ridiculously hot heavy metal type pickups in the middle position, you could just turn the knob up and add sustain/gain when you feel like it.

Anyone here know how to wire in the middle pickup where I can have it, the neck and bridge hot in the middle position?

I have seen the wiring for having the middle hot all the time, but I would just rather not do that.

Looks like I would just have to bend in that 'neck' contact where it touches in the middle position.

Anyone here know how to wire in the middle pickup where I can have it, the neck and bridge hot in the middle position?

I have seen the wiring for having the middle hot all the time, but I would just rather not do that.

Looks like I would just have to bend in that 'neck' contact where it touches in the middle position.

Actually... that won't work either.

Anyone know of a toggle that would allow for a bridge/bridge+middle+neck/neck wiring?

If not, I will just go with the volume controlled middle. No biggie.

You may have to use push/pull pots to get where you want to go.

I have a diagram (thanks Mark) for wiring up three singles, works this way

three singles

a three position toggle

master volume

bridge tone

neck tone

the toggle is like a 150, bridge , bridge/neck, neck

the middle pup is on a push pull and can be put into the mix at any time

gives you these combos

bridge

bridge/ middle

bridge/neck

bridge/middle/neck

neck/middle

neck

I would imagine you could hook up your hum's the same way..

Thanks all. I did see the push/pull pot option. I think, though, that I will go somewhat Frampton with this.

3 volume and a master tone.

The neck and bridge their own volumes then to the switch for b/b+n/n and then output to the master tone. The middle pickup with go to its own volume and the master tone. From the master tone to the jack.

I don't really do a lot of messing with knobs and switching while playing so I don't need it all at the flick of a switch.

Been researching different this that and the other switches.... and it occured to me... I almost never do any pickup changes that would require a need for a rapid switch.

I tend to put it on a pickup and leave it there for a song. I do, however, do volume work.

I may just run the humbuckers to individual volumes. The volumes to a master volume where the toggle switch was. The master volume to a master tone and then to the output jack. I would actually find that master volume in the upper bout FAR more useful than a switch. :P

Think I may have found my solution. :P

Archived