new amp day! PaulC/PMather Funky Monkey

rjsanders

d@#n dumb to buy, having no job or conventional income, but

• it's the only one of its kind & there won't be others
  • i'm a fan of PaulC (see sig) and Peter Mather
  • seller gave me a payment schedule option
  • unbelievably low price
  • minty condition

initial impressions: as expected, sounds better than expected. think Marshall JCM800 & more

post-10-1262367976_thumb.png

Very Cool Amp...

Excellent , inside and out.. I can see why you just had to have it...

It promises to be a tone machine of the highest caliber..

It seems like I had seen this one or something like it recently and thought then that it seemed like a sweet one....

Congrats... :mad:

yup i saw it, too, a few months ago when it went up for sale (by danocaster?) & gulped hard. didn't know it existed. when it came up again a week or two ago, it was a Call To Action (yeahman).

its 2x12 matching cab is very much like my original Colonial cab, 1 V30 + 1 G12H30. 'fact, i'll hook up the Colonial to it tomorrow (& expect the thunderin'est, thumpin'est sonics imaginable from a 50w/2x12). the Monkey w/1x12 Mather slant-front w/Celestion Gold is incredible, too. clarity's own defnition.

overall the thing is very bright (well, heck, it's very much a JCM800, i'm told), requiring EQ i don't ordinarily use. am having fun being confounded by my own predisposiions. will try various ODs w/it tomorrow, too.

update: it was biased cold - downright frosty. bumped it up into something reasonable & now it has blossomed! what a diff a few measly ma/mv can do... we are now declaring Marshall Law &

B)

update: it was biased cold - downright frosty. bumped it up into something reasonable & now it has blossomed! what a diff a few measly ma/mv can do... we are now declaring Marshall Law &

B)

Sounds like you are really into that amp. I'm still trying to convince my wife that I simply need another one. She needs a box full of Pandora bracelet baubles, but I don't need an amp? ??? Something wrong with that. Heh. Anyway, you need to post up some clips of that one!

The Andre Williams version is good, but I dig the Guy Forsyth version, too. Especially when he starts wailing on the harp around 1:30...

Then again, I'm the sole member of the Guy Forsyth Fan Club of Michigan. :thumbsup: Hey, Kenny (if you're reading this), is that an old Deluxe he has on stage behind him? ;)

Sounds like you are really into that amp. I'm still trying to convince my wife that I simply need another one. She needs a box full of Pandora bracelet baubles, but I don't need an amp? ??? Something wrong with that. Heh. Anyway, you need to post up some clips of that one!

The Andre Williams version is good, but I dig the Guy Forsyth version, too. Especially when he starts wailing on the harp around 1:30...

Then again, I'm the sole member of the Guy Forsyth Fan Club of Michigan. ;) Hey, Kenny (if you're reading this), is that an old Deluxe he has on stage behind him? :eek:

yeahman, i dug the Guy version while looking for (& finally finding) this, which was my favorite after hearing the Dave B. original many years ago in my infancy.

clippage is part of my NewYear'sResolution ... (now, what'd i do w/that list...)

Then again, I'm the sole member of the Guy Forsyth Fan Club of Michigan. -_- Hey, Kenny (if you're reading this), is that an old Deluxe he has on stage behind him? :D

Thanks for posting that clip. I think. Its been stuck in my mind all day. Swinging around through the house on my crutches declaring "and the monkey speaks his mind" in a loud voice.

Mrs Tully thinks its time for me to go back to work. Id rather tear down the fences around the coconut tree's.

Archived