Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Karma?!

Gitfiddler

OK, I logged on for my daily Heritage Club fix, and noticed 'Karma' next to my blank avatar. 

I searched the profile settings, but nothing about 'Karma'.

Is it good Karma? 

Will I come back as a Heritage Golden Eagle in the after-life?

8)

As you possess just ONE karma you are not ready for our Golden Eagle program.

You have the choice to return as a Kalamazoo factory-applied high E-string on either a H 137 or a H 535.

There is so much more good posting ahead of you Young Gitfiddler, before you can even dream of returning like even the humblest nut.

Applaud increases the Karma of the person you 'applaud' while Smite decreases it.  For instance, if a G-word troll joins, you could all Smite said troll and his Karma would drop into the negatives.  New users would be able to look at the Karma rating and then make a judgment about the worth of any opinions posted.  The Karma thing is really just a 'reputation system.'  If it isn't something useful, we can remove that from the system.

Side note:  Ever notice that the word 'applaud' just doesn't look like it's spelled right?  :P

Applaud increases the Karma of the person you 'applaud' while Smite decreases it.  For instance, if a G-word troll joins, you could all Smite said troll and his Karma would drop into the negatives.  New users would be able to look at the Karma rating and then make a judgment about the worth of any opinions posted.  The Karma thing is really just a 'reputation system.'  If it isn't something useful, we can remove that from the system.

Side note:  Ever notice that the word 'applaud' just doesn't look like it's spelled right?  :P

Hey, how come your karma is 0 and our karma is 1???

;D

Hmmm, guess I better make sure of any opinions I render...and make sure the wine isn't doing the talkin'.  8)

Thanks for the clarity, Admin.  And keep up the good work and creativity.  It's refreshing to have fun at a guitar forum without the angst of trolls and trouble-makers for a change. 

I think the applaud and smite only show up under the name of other people.  So, if you look at my post, you should see [applaud][smite] under my Karma rating.  I don't see it on my own posts.  The idea being that you would applaud or smite other people, not yourself.  Or, are you saying you can't see it under other peoples?

Mr. Seacup, since you were so generous to deluxemeat, I have given you 1 Karma point!  ;)

For deluxemeat: if you've been waiting a year for a Heritage, maybe it's faith you need instead!

Hopefully, you'll receive it soon!

I move that 'Admin' get at least 1 Karma for laboring behind the scenes on this cool site.

Anyone second that motion?  :)

+1

But I don't see "applaud / smite" under any avatars?  Maybe it's cuz I'm a NOOB... :-[

+1

But I don't see "applaud / smite" under any avatars?  Maybe it's cuz I'm a NOOB... :-[

Thanks for the sentiment, but it's not like it's a *tonne* of work.  Just make sure you spread the love...er, word.  Heh.

As to the "applaud" and "smite" links...they wouldn't appear under *your* name, bluesaxe, only under the names of other people who have posted in the thread.  For instance, if you look at Gitfiddler's post, just under his name, you should see the links, which give you the opportunity to "applaud" (add karma) or "smite" (subtract karma) from his overall karma score.  Make sense?

hmmm...

I don't seem to have the links - This is what mine has...(T/Y deluxemeat for letting me borrow your info !)

deluxemeat

Distant Relation

Maybe this is just an admin priveledge?

For deluxemeat: if you've been waiting a year for a Heritage, maybe it's faith you need instead!

Hopefully, you'll receive it soon!

haha i've been waiting a YEAR! if that aint faith, i don't know what is.

plus i called lane today about info re: my NEXT one... and i haven't even gotten the FIRST!!!

second that. i dont see it either. my guess it's either something that can be toggled in the user cp or its something you get once you're no longer at "distant relative" status?

Well, I've reviewed the "karma" configuration, and there is a minimum requirement of 25 posts before you can modify someone else's karma.  I thought about setting it to 0, but upon reflection, it would seem like having a minimum is a "GoodThing™"...otherwise anyone could breeze in and muck about with the "reputations" of the regulars.  :-

Well, I've reviewed the "karma" configuration, and there is a minimum requirement of 25 posts before you can modify someone else's karma.  I thought about setting it to 0, but upon reflection, it would seem like having a minimum is a "GoodThing"...otherwise anyone could breeze in and muck about with the "reputations" of the regulars.  :-

+1 

makes good sense 2 me... just 14 more  ;D

Archived