Heritage Owners Club

Me and my sweetie salute you!

sweet-tooth

Please allow to introduce myself, I'm a man, with my dream guitar.....

Haha, anyway, thanks to you all for bein' here, I can't wait to talk shop with the gang here. For starters, I wonder; anyone here aware of any models or customs that feature two floating humbuckers? This interests me very much.

Oh, and here are some pics of my sweetie... :uwp:

P1010411.JPG

P1010411.JPG_thumb

HERITAGE2.jpg

HERITAGE2.jpg_thumb

HERITAGE010.jpg

HERITAGE010.jpg_thumb

HERITAGE7.jpg

HERITAGE7.jpg_thumb

That guitar looks like it wants to play late night/early morning smokey blues-jazz in a hip uptown club somewhere.  Very nice.

Indeed she does. In fact, although she is rumored to be a jazz guitar, she'll belt it out in just about any situation. I play everything from strange brew-blues Ala early Screamin' Jay, to gypsy-jazz Ala...well do I even have to say his name??? (DJANGO, DJANGO, DJANGO!!!)I also sit in with a Reggae band from time to time, and all the players agree, she is sweet. I've been playing long enough to know that Ones "signature" sound comes from not only the particular hunk-o-wood they're pounding on, but from subtleties such as string selection, materials used for nut, bridge et cetera, action adjustment, to more overt things like pickup and amp choice and even cables, cabinet mics et cetera. This is to say nothing of pedals, rackI FX and the like, I personally don't use them much.

I wanted an early electric-blues sound, So i looked at what some of the top players were using in the beginning, and of course turned up a lot of L5's, L4's, 175's and such. So these guitars were supposed to be jazz guitars first and foremost right? Well, why were all these blues players using them? Because they sounded phenomenal, that's why! Some fool once tried to tell me; if I want to play the blues, I use a Tele, or a Strat. If I want to rock, I use a Paul. If I want jazz, I'll play a Jazz-box. Well I say dump on all that nonsense. My sweetie does it all, and will hold her own next any "specialized" rig (minus metal set ups anyway) any time. Besides, it's what goes into the guitar that determines what comes out of it after all, and I think any player worth their salt knows that. I currently have her set up with .11G rounds and tend to run her at full volume through my '94 Twin using only an attenuator for signal processing (so I can get the signal super-hot w/o feedback problems and w/o going deaf) and the range of tones I get is more than enough. That one #3 floating pickup is such a clean, true sound, when my amp gets it, it's just pure magic. The overtones from the saturated signal are just mind-bending. The breakup is just right too. I put my Paul in there w/o changing the parameters, and it's just ugly; way too much signal going in and by the time it makes it to the power section, it's just crackly and distorted in that ouch kinda way. In the case of my sweetie, all her power and resonance come from the wood, not the pickups, and subtly transmitted through the pickup. Like I said,  the signal my amp gets is clean, pure tone. From there the sky is truly the limit. 

HERITAGE011.jpg

HERITAGE011.jpg_thumb

HERITAGE3.jpg

HERITAGE3.jpg_thumb

Archived