Heritage Owners Club

Thinking about pulling the trigger...what do you think?

Thundersteel

Brand new 2006 H150 in Old Style Burst. I don't know whether I should get it or not so I'll list the positives & negatives:

Positives: 1. P90s! Need I say more? (All my other axes have humbuckers)

2. 48-hour approval period

3. Halfway decent price

Negatives: 1. I already have 3 solid-body guitars (an LP Custom, H157, and an SG Supreme)

2. I don't necessarily need it

3. It won't fit in my current 3-guitar stand (though I do have a single guitar stand as well)

Any opinions out there?

Heritage H150 P90_b2.jpg

Heritage H150 P90_b2.jpg_thumb

Heritage H150 P90_b4.jpg

Heritage H150 P90_b4.jpg_thumb

Heritage H150 P90_f.jpg

Heritage H150 P90_f.jpg_thumb

Jeebuz, that's beautiful.  That and the 16 that was just posted...freaking gorgeous.  I know people go all haywire for tops that are absolutely perfect, mirror image, flamed maple.  But, the tops that Heritage uses with the mineral streaks and checks in the ribbon just look stunning.  It's like all the other "AAAAA" and "10-top" tops are "sterile" in comparison to the Heritage tops which come off as being "organic."  I'm thinking that in 20 years the Heritages that were made in the last 20 years (anything before the Z series...heh) are going to be *the* guitars.  (OK, maybe that should be "hoping"...lol)

I say jump on it.  If you already have one guitar, then any more aren't a question of need, they're a question of want.  Tone is in the fingers and all that.  I say go for it.

I have two humbucker guitars and am looking for a P90 equipped guitar. I was in a store today playing two PRS McCarty's with P90's. One had a rosewood neck. Great sounding and playing guitars. But that Heritage is beautiful. I sometimes wish I ordered my 140 in tobacco sunburst. Do you mind me asking what they're asking for it?

Good god man, do it!  ;D

If it is anything like other Heritage Les Pauls it will be heavier than hell.  My bud has an "Old Fashioned Sunburst."  It is dark but very pretty.

There was a Guitar Player Magazine come out about 10 years ago.  They had a 335 contest.  I think Heritage came in 3rd for finish.  What BS.  You could tell the Heritage was a better guitar in the photos.  People want a Gibson so let them buy a Gibson.  I don't care.  I know that I have the real deal with Heritage. 

Now, before you get that LP be sure to find a good Chiropractor. 

Brand new 2006 H150 in Old Style Burst. I don't know whether I should get it or not so I'll list the positives & negatives:

Positives: 1. P90s! Need I say more? (All my other axes have humbuckers)

2. 48-hour approval period

3. Halfway decent price

Negatives: 1. I already have 3 solid-body guitars (an LP Custom, H157, and an SG Supreme)

2. I don't necessarily need it

3. It won't fit in my current 3-guitar stand (though I do have a single guitar stand as well)

Any opinions out there?

Hmm... step into my office - maybe I can help...

Positives: 1. P90s! Need I say more? (All my other axes have humbuckers) You don't have a P90 guitar... what???

2. 48-hour approval period Very nice indeed!

3. Halfway decent price So it's a deal, is it?

Negatives: 1. I already have 3 solid-body guitars (an LP Custom, H157, and an SG Supreme) Dude - you're kidding me, right?  This is like saying.. "Oh,  I've slept with 3 women... I don't need anymore..."

2. I don't necessarily need it Yeah, and I don't *need* my BMW either...

3. It won't fit in my current 3-guitar stand (though I do have a single guitar stand as well) You have GOT to be kidding me on this one... pleez

So... I see no negatives that are relevant... other than the fact that I didn't find it first!!

Seriously - It's gorgeous and P90's have cut like you wouldn't believe.  You absolutely should get it if the price is right!  Just my opinion... YMMV

Thanks for all the replies & opinions.

Do you mind me asking what they're asking for it?
I don't know what the forum rules are for posting prices, so to avoid any problems I won't specify the price. However, I will say that they're selling it for $200 - $300 less than other dealers I've checked with, possibly because it's a 2006 model.

My only concern would be the weight.
If it is anything like other Heritage Les Pauls it will be heavier than hell.
Now, before you get that LP be sure to find a good Chiropractor. 
My H157 weighs roughly the same as my LP Custom, so I'm not too concerned with the weight of it.

The only thing that's making me hesitate is the color. I used to own another H150 in OSB, but it had a funky green tint to it.

I saw another one in Antique Sunburst, which is about the same as OSB, but a bit lighter. I also saw one in Chestnut Burst, but it looks too "pinky" for me.

Decisions, decisions!

Actually, if you look into this model, they are chambered.

They're chambered? Do you mean the H150s, or the ones with P90s? That's the first I've heard of it!

I know the newer LPs are chambered, and that Heritage offers a "LW" version; as far as I know, this is a regular solid body H150.

They're chambered? Do you mean the H150s, or the ones with P90s? That's the first I've heard of it!

I know the newer LPs are chambered, and that Heritage offers a "LW" version; as far as I know, this is a regular solid body H150.

You Sir are correct. The model followed by "LW" are the chambered version of this guitar.

That is one beautiful H150. GO FOR IT!!

Here in the UK we just dont see these guitars and, if they come along we're talkin big bucks. There is a good UK maker of bespoke guitars though. Theyre called Gordon Smith. Actually quite comparable to Heritage. Except of course for the.... urm...... Heritage I spose. They make some really nice P90 equiped stuff (juniors etc)  Only played the Humbucker versions but, they are very nice. The necks seem to be like the old G***** 50s style "baseball bats" But were talkin bout Heritages here, sorry, I digress. Buy it!!!

No need for flame-retardant suit................yet! :)

There's something really seductive about an SG with soapbars!  Add a flamey top and pimped-out inlays and headstock...sweet.

Is that one of the Guitars of the Week special editions?

Is that one of the Guitars of the Week special editions?

Actually, no. It is a 1999 model. The seller claims it has been hardly used; but I think he is asking a bit too much for it.

Now that Heritage is being sold, I should probably get the H150 instead!

Archived