Heritage Owners Club

Yet another G&Ler joins the herd!

just-a-guy

Hi Folks,

I'm Brian, a somewhat regular participant over at the G&LDP.  I have a H150CM that I bought new from Buffalo Bros back in '99.  It was made for one of the NAMM shows of that year and it is and shall always remain my Les Paul of Choice!  I just love the way that thing sounds in a large room with lots of volume.

I'm glad to see this club exists and hope to be a welcome contributor.  I'm not much of a guitar player...in fact I'm not playing at all right now.  I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand a couple weeks ago and will get the left hand done in a month or so.  I do really enjoy guitars for what they are and the fun they've created in my life.

Seeing as how this is my first visit to this site and I haven't really looked around yet, is there a registry that has been started for these guitars?  What are the rare ones?

An expiring mind would like to know.

Thanx,

Brian

Welcome to the H.O.C.!

I'm not aware of any registry. Maybe the Admin can chime in?

it is and shall always remain my Les Paul of Choice!

By the way, it is NOT a Les Paul! For your punishment, you must floss your teeth using and old E string!  ;D

Welcome to the H.O.C.!

I'm not aware of any registry. Maybe the Admin can chime in?

I know about the G&L registry, and like the "rare birds" section they have over there...helps to build momentum behind the idea of collectibility for specific models, which does quite a bit for enhancing the value of the mark across the board.  And I am a big believer in the collectible nature of Heritage instruments (otherwise, we wouldn't have this site ;) ).

Having said that, a Heritage registry and/or "rare bird" section hadn't even occurred to me.  If this is something that the membership wants, though, I am more than willing to put it in the queue for site enhancements.  Ask and ye shall receive...

By the way, it is NOT a Les Paul! For your punishment, you must floss your teeth using and old E string!  ;D

If someone nominates you for the "Etiquette Enforcement Division," I'm going to make you Chief. :D

I know about the G&L registry, and like the "rare birds" section they have over there...helps to build momentum behind the idea of collectibility for specific models, which does quite a bit for enhancing the value of the mark across the board.  And I am a big believer in the collectible nature of Heritage instruments (otherwise, we wouldn't have this site ;) ).

To be perfectly honest I don't know enough about the Heritage line and can't tell a rare one from a more pedestrian model.  The better explained Heritage's history is, the more likely you will generate interest in searching out the rare ones, and thereby assisting in keeping the resale value higher.  Kind of a "tide raises all boats" thing.

The registry provides a database that shows the numbers of guitars in use, the geographical spread of where the instruments live and can help in theft recovery.  If a guitar is in the registry and someone wants to sell it, a prospective buyer can look at the serial number in the list.  If the guitar is shown as being owned by someone else, the prospective buyer has an opportunity to contact the listed owner to make certain the sale is kosher.

I just think it's an idea worthy of consideration.

Regards,

Brian

To be perfectly honest I don't know enough about the Heritage line and can't tell a rare one from a more pedestrian model.  The better explained Heritage's history is, the more likely you will generate interest in searching out the rare ones, and thereby assisting in keeping the resale value higher.  Kind of a "tide raises all boats" thing.

The registry provides a database that shows the numbers of guitars in use, the geographical spread of where the instruments live and can help in theft recovery.  If a guitar is in the registry and someone wants to sell it, a prospective buyer can look at the serial number in the list.  If the guitar is shown as being owned by someone else, the prospective buyer has an opportunity to contact the listed owner to make certain the sale is kosher.

I just think it's an idea worthy of consideration.

Regards,

Brian

Definitely worth consideration.  Make, model, serial number, finish, "special/non-standard" options...what else would we record?

Definitely worth consideration.  Make, model, serial number, finish, "special/non-standard" options...what else would we record?

Don't forget year and month of manufacture.  I don't know how Heritage does that or even if they do.  The types of wood involved in construction, bridge style, pickups originally installed and any aftermarket modifications are worth discussing.  Even if there are odd tuners and fretwire can be included.

If there are special runs or even Artist owned instruments that wind up in the hands of us members of the proletariat.  Clearly choices are yours as the Administrator and as a community.

Provenance is the key!

Brian

Archived