Heritage Owners Club

Changes in H-150 body/neck over the years...

CSB

Hi everyone, this is my first post...

Does anyone know the history of the differences in the body style (specifically the single cut-away/horn) and the neck profile over the years with the Heritage H-150's.  I just got a 1988 H-150 (first year of production, I believe) and it has a sharper horn, and it seems to have a slightly thicker neck profile than my 1996 and 2002 models.  Maybe feels a little more Gibson to my hands.  Anyone know why these changes were made over the years?

CSB

Heritage shapes the necks by hands, so there will always be some variation.  Also, you can (could?) custom order neck profiles.  I've seen 535s with slim C, medium C, medium/large C, medium D and slim U profiles for instance.  In fact, I've owned for 535s and each one had a subtley to not so subtle different neck shape:

Almond Burst - Medium D approaching medium/large

Antique Natural - Slim C

Antique Natural - Slim U

Dark Almond Burst - Medium C

My Millenimum 2K had a medium C profile, and my H-137 has a Medium/Large C that boarders on D shape up the neck.

I wasn't aware of any body style changes in the H-150.

The cut-away is definitely different than the newer H-150's.  It is closer to the LP (sharper horn), maybe even the same, but I havn't had a chance to compare it to an LP yet.  Only my othe H-150's.

CSB

Hi, CSB! Welcome to the Heritage Owner's Club!

I know that the earlier H150s (and I think the H140s) had a sharper horn than the current ones.

In the Heritage 1989 catalog, the H140 & H147 both have a sharp horn.

Archived