Heritage Owners Club

Can Digitech come close to replicating amp tones?

Guest mgoetting

just my opinion here, so take it for what it is.

1. I have come to the conclusion that the sound the amp gives out is a lot to do with who is playing the guitar going through it, a good musician will always make it work. There are plenty people who have loads of money but can't get a decent sound out of the best gear on the market!

2. Buy what you like, it's your money and your pleasure, if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

3. I went to see the musical Mama Mia last weekend and went to see what the musicians were playing. This was a large venue and I found the guitar to be sounding a bit thin and not quite meaty enough on the overdrive tones. It turned out that the guitar player was using amongst others a musicman Luke, and one or two other nice guitars. his amp was a big line six head through a seperate cab. However, at the end of the day, I bet I was the only person among the few thousand in there that even gave it a thought.

just my opinion here, so take it for what it is.

1. I have come to the conclusion that the sound the amp gives out is a lot to do with who is playing the guitar going through it, a good musician will always make it work. There are plenty people who have loads of money but can't get a decent sound out of the best gear on the market!

2. Buy what you like, it's your money and your pleasure, if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

3. I went to see the musical Mama Mia last weekend and went to see what the musicians were playing. This was a large venue and I found the guitar to be sounding a bit thin and not quite meaty enough on the overdrive tones. It turned out that the guitar player was using amongst others a musicman Luke, and one or two other nice guitars. his amp was a big line six head through a seperate cab. However, at the end of the day, I bet I was the only person among the few thousand in there that even gave it a thought.

A guy I know is playing guitar in the Perth Mama Mia concerts. He is using the line6 pod that the guys in Melbourne and Sydney used. The presets are all set. He has no control over that side. He just plays the music infront of him and uses the sounds provided. The guys who are playing in the show's after him in other parts of Aus use the same pod. (Im sure they have spares) It wouldnt suprise me if it was the same situation as the rest of the world. Heres your sounds...go.

Archived