Heritage Owners Club

End of an Era?

jaywolfe

Big announcement to come soon I suspect, but just to report the latest to the faithful- Heritage is being sold to (most likely) a Kalamazoojian, who is not currently in the Music biz. It all looks good for staying put at Parsons St., most of the same guys staying on BUT with some enthusiastic backing from a fired up new owner. This could all wrap up early next week & I'll post here as it unfolds. Looks really good for the Brand & it's followers at this point. Keep the faith, stay tuned & wish those guys well going forward. They deserve all they can get.

Hang on to yer geetars....................Heritage is 23 years old. The Strat was just 10 years old when CBS bought Fender! Have a GREAT weekend.

Jay Wolfe

My father and brother were in Kalamazoo a couple weeks ago on business and they went into Farrow's Music on Kilgore street so my brother could check out the Nick Huber guitars.  While they were in there the owner was telling my dad that he was going to buy Heritage.  My dad said that he thought the guy was just blowing smoke, but who knows.

Big announcement to come soon I suspect, but just to report the latest to the faithful- Heritage is being sold to (most likely) a Kalamazoojian, who is not currently in the Music biz. It all looks good for staying put at Parsons St., most of the same guys staying on BUT with some enthusiastic backing from a fired up new owner. This could all wrap up early next week & I'll post here as it unfolds. Looks really good for the Brand & it's followers at this point. Keep the faith, stay tuned & wish those guys well going forward. They deserve all they can get.

Hang on to yer geetars....................Heritage is 23 years old. The Strat was just 10 years old when CBS bought Fender! Have a GREAT weekend.

Jay Wolfe

Hey Jay,

This actually makes me feel a little better. My stomach sank when I read heritage was being sold but hopefully like you said it's a positive thing.

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks Mr. Wolfe!!

I hope everything goes well for the new owner(s). 

I've got to have something to spend my discretionary income on, right?

I want to keep dreaming about the day the UPS person drops that 575 off on my porch!!

Dan Kayser

I take off "up north" for a week and look what happens! :) 

Thanks for sharing the information, Jay.  I was trying to explain to my wife what effect a change in ownership might (or might not) have on pre-change-of-ownership models (why, no, I'm not trying to justify the Millennium DC I just bought.  Why do you ask?<g>) but she didn't seem to be "getting it."  Wimmin.  :rolleyes:

Hey Jay,

This actually makes me feel a little better. My stomach sank when I read heritage was being sold but hopefully like you said it's a positive thing.

Thanks,

Sam

I hope it all works out for the better, and the brand name and quality do not suffer.

I too was in a funk for a couple of days over the news.

I would give my eye teeth to see Jay Wolfe at the helm of the new Heritage.

Interesting thought. Maybe then he could sell them factory direct! At least I wouldn't have to pay sales tax any more to get one!

DAMN, DAMN, DANM!!!!!!! Now Ill never find another in the UK. They are like gold dust here anyway. How sad is it that such a fine guitar company should be endangered in this way. What happened to institutions. I guess they all get taken over by the demands of the corporate world. Hope they manage to find some sympathetic owners who can recognise this niche guitar company for what it is.Its the real G***** for gods sake!!

Archived