Heritage Owners Club

New toy in da house

Very Nice Nacho! All the toys and versatility to keep one busy within sonic bliss for a LONG time! Enjoy!!!

What speakers?

You Sir are going to be one Happy fellow!

Congrats on you newly acquired sonic bliss!

it is indeed a great amp. It is a custom order full option (Other than plexi front) includes 2 channels, reverb and additional Rectifier Socket for dual rectifiers as in the original SC30 model.

It has footswitch for selecting the channels. You can also use another one for reverb. The first channel is the standart channel. Chimy, brilliant and warm tones. It has volume, bass and treble knobs. Hi/Low inputs, Cut and Push/Pull Master Volume works for both channels. The second channel also has a unique tone selector which works such as Variac to offer you 5 different EQ preset options.

I hope my lack of experience on this amp won't distract you guys. After a while, I could provide more detailed and practical review.

I am soooo happy to invest my money on this beautiful and versatile amp. My "Hotbox" may retire for the moment, or I might use it as another channel.

You Sir are always welcome in my house :D

And you sir in mine. Perhaps pre-PSP IV?

Looks like 4EL84s, 4?+ 12AX7s & 2 rectumfriers. That's one potentially lethal box! Look at the trannies, you could anchor an ocean liner with those! Oh Yea!

And you sir in mine. Perhaps pre-PSP IV?

Looks like 4EL84s, 4?+ 12AX7s & 2 rectumfriers. That's one potentially lethal box! Look at the trannies, you could anchor an ocean liner with those! Oh Yea!

I'd love to meet you guys when I used to live in Toronto. Unfortunately my humble organism lives beyond Atlantic for now... But hey, who knows EH? :D

It has 4 x EL84, 5 x 12AX7 (2 for reverb) and 2 x 5V4G "rectumfriers" :yahoo_mini:

Thanks guys ;)

@tulk1: I bet you mentioned DC30 as "the original" Matchless, and yes, mine has the exact mojo in it. My custom made 2 channel Roccaforte 30 is also based on Vox AC30, but no comparison to Avalon.

@Big bob: Sure :D

• 2 weeks later...

Congrat's on that one Nacho!! I have heard a lot of good things on the Matchless amps!!!

Cheers to you !!

• 9 months later...

Thus ever extracting the nick-name snatchless"

Good stuff Nacho! :icon_thumright:

I just realized this thread is better than a month old. I'd vet on the answer but do you still love her now that the new amp exuberance is, shall we say, tarnished?

Archived