Heritage Owners Club

New toy in da house

I LOVE the Masterbuilt Strat that I traded my Matchless SC-30 towards, BUT...... I REALLY miss that amp.

If I would have traded the Matchless for different guitar, I might have never been able to live with it.

Someday, I will re-aquire a Matchless SC-30 or DC-30. Yes, I will.

Steiner, I love her more than my wife, if this is the answer you're looking for :D Since it was bought as a brand new amp, the tone gets better and better every day.

Kuz, This Avalon sounds enchanted, I can't imagine how would SC-30 or DC-30 chimes.

Guest HRB853370

That is one handsome amp head! Would you trade it for some Bosphorous cymbals (hand made in your country)??

Is the Matchless along the same lines as the Bad Cat? I believe Sampson worked at both along the way. Does it have a 1/2 power switch to 15 watts? By the way-very nice.

Yes. Sampson co-founded Matchless. I believe there was a falling out of the partnership and he founded Bad Cat. He has left there as well. I heard he is a hard person to work with. And yes there is a 1/2 power switch (at least there was on my Matchless SC-30).

It would be great to hear a clip of it... if that is possible. ....

X2 - and Congrats, I'll bet it sounds great.

Thank you fellas :) Yes, it has half power swtich 15/30 and low/hi inputs as well. Sampson used to work with Matchless and Bad Cat. I heard that he founded a new brand called Star Amplification (I checked the website now and it seems blown up lol)

skinslammer: Nooo, I won't :P... I'm glad you have those cymbals. They make pretty amazing stuff here. Also there are some other great brands such as Istanbul and Zildjian (But Zildjian manifactures in the USA)

The best thing about this amp is, even you plug a single coil or P90 installed guitar, there is no hum, buzz or anything. You wouldn't say the amp is operating, if you don't see the glowing Matchless logo on it. It's my humble experience of course.

EDIT: Yes, I will share some clips soon.

Archived